Payroll AdministratorJob Description
About Us Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll for all four weekly paid colleagues.
- To process payroll for all four weekly paid colleagues
- To ensure the accuracy and timeliness of processing four weekly payroll and colleague payroll records
- To process holiday requests and keep accurate records of all holidays taken by colleagues
- To keep accurate timekeeping and absence records and provide this information to the HR team on a weekly basis
- To summarise hours worked by four weekly paid colleagues from timesheets as well at the Time & Attendance system and process this using Sage Payroll
- Process statutory payments for colleagues
- To accurately maintain and update personnel records on Sage and other relevant spreadsheets and systems
- To update and maintain the Time & Attendance system as required for payroll purposes
- Answer telephone queries regarding payroll
- To provide administrative support for all payroll matters
- To work closely with all departments, to help assist them with any issues that they may have regarding payroll and attendance, and where applicable, provide advice
- To ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and effectively whilst adhering to all Company Procedures
- Keep up to date with HMRC and payroll legislation
- Experience of processing payroll in a similar environment is essential
- Good working knowledge of Sage Payroll is essential
- Knowledge of HMRC requirements and payroll legislation
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills including good working knowledge of Excel is essential
Hours of work are usually Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, totalling 40 hours per week. However, some overtime may be required occasionally to meet the needs of the business.
Company Shop, Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley
Membership to the Staff Shop as well has 2 nominated passes for your friends or family and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.