Company Shop Group is the UK’s leading redistributor of surplus food and household products, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock the full potential in surplus, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our supply chain partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role:
This is an exciting new opportunity to join our IT team and assist in ensuring an excellent IT service is provided to all customers and teams.
The role will be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks across the estate. It is also responsible for the install, maintenance, upgrade, and continuous improvement the company’s operating environment.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. This individual is also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the company data centres.
- The role will be responsible for the deploying the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment.
Who we are looking for:
- Technical experience gained in a fast-paced industry, preferably retail environments
- In-depth knowledge of VMWare and Microsoft client / server environments including failover clustering, data replication, SAN, RDP, SQL, Backup and DR strategies
- Network infrastructure design, implementation and support knowledge of Cisco / Meraki technologies
- Experience of MPLS / SDWAN network design and architecture
- O365 deployment and management
- Microsoft Azure and cloud strategy experience
- Strong experience and knowledge across the Microsoft Infrastructure Technology Stack, including SCCM, Exchange 2010, 2016 and Online, Active Directory etc.
- Strong organisation and documentation skills
- Managing and ensuring best practice delivery of performance, security, monitoring, maintenance and uptime availability of the business application systems
- Excellent analytical skills
Location – Wentworth Store
Benefits – Salary dependant on experience, company pension, death in service (2x salary), company shop membership, discounted café, discounted gym, flexible benefit scheme, regular staff incentives, flu vaccination