IT Infrastructure Manager Job ID 368
Job DescriptionAbout Us Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning storystarted five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the technical and managerial ownership of the business network infrastructure and technical support to the Network Services department, across all support lines.
Ensuring that the technical environment, systems health, security and data integrity of our server estate is completely maintained and strategically managed.
Technically supporting our hybrid IT environment and infrastructure portfolio of on premise, cloud and 3rd party technologies, within an evolving and changeable service stack. The role will lead the daily operations and service support, whilst managing the support environment and delivery the necessary network services development projects.
Managing all aspects of network service including performance, capacity, patch management, security and upgrades. Contribute and support a strategy of cloud migration whilst supporting legacy platforms and systems.
To manage outsourced services and vendors whilst defining the future road map our technology strategy.
To own the configuration, utilisation and support of the network / infrastructure management tools. Ensuring these enable and enhance the performance management, health, monitoring, alerting of applications and systems.
Ownership of IT Service Desk functions and applications, maintaining service levels, high quality support delivery, consistency, credibility and trust in IT business services.
Management of project development priorities alongside business as usual responsibilities.
Excellent service communications including detailed analysis and diagnosis of IT support issues is key to delivering and maintaining stable, reliable and agile IT services. Working directly with third party vendors to manage external and remote support resources, managing their service delivery and direction to complete necessary support instances.
This role will be trusted by our end users to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical issues
- Management and maintenance of the network and server infrastructure estate
- Managing and developing the Network Services team (3-5 reports)
- Ensuring the availability and performance management of the systems and service delivered by our on premise, cloud and 3rd party network services.
- Management and maintenance of all IT operational environments including backup and DR services
- Resolving 4th line support and technical issues
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware requirements for business operations
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including network configuration and architecture
- Conduct detailed root cause analysis of technical problems and if necessary refer to third party support vendors.
- Manage the IT Service Desk application, including SLA’s, escalation management, analysis and resolution
- Diagnose and escalate issues to appropriate internal teams (Business Applications)
- Managing a service improvement strategy with infrastructure vendors
- Maintain and represent positive IT relationships with the end user community
- Technical experience gained in a fast paced industry, preferably retail environments
- Significant experience in management and leadership of a network services team
- In-depth knowledge of VMWear and Microsoft client / server environments including fail over clustering, data replication, SAN, RDP, SQL, Backup and DR strategies
- Network infrastructure design, implementation and support knowledge of Cisco / Meraki technologies
- Experience of MPLS / SDWAN network design and architecture
- O365 deployment and management
- Microsoft Azure and cloud strategy experience
- Technically hands on and capable of supporting, leading and mentoring the network services department
- Strong organisation and documentation skills
- Managing and ensuring best practice delivery of performance, security, monitoring, maintenance and uptime availability of the business application systems
- Technical ownership of the business stakeholder relationship
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organised and able to manage conflicting work demands
- Manage multiple projects and rapid changes
- Offer service level improvements, development and change management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with Navision 2009 ERP and with LS retail or similar is desirable
Hours of work are usually Monday to Friday, totalling 40 hours per week. However, some overtime may be required occasionally to meet the needs of the business.
Company Shop, Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley
Membership to the Staff Shop as well has 2 nominated passes for your friends or family and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.