Duty Manager - Job ID 316
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop
and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
We are looking for a Duty Manager to work at our Wentworth store, near Barnsley for a fixed term contract for one year.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join our Shop Management team to ensure the highest possible standards are met in terms of the store operation.
- Ensure the effective use of people development, succession planning and performance management to support, coaching and developing colleagues
- Ensure the stock availability , and merchandising at the highest standards
- Setting and maintaining high standards to ensure that the shop is clean, tidy and provides an appropriate environment to maximise customer sales
- Ensure that appropriate procedures and working practices are in place for the security of staff, customers, stock and cash
- Promoting and providing an excellent level of customer care and service to all customers, including dealing with customer issues
- Implement regular stock takes and quality monitoring audits
- To take on key responsibility for developing sales and other commercial opportunities
- Maximise sales through the use of promotional initiatives e.g. displays, price promotions
- To ensure that processes and systems are followed that ensure waste and other department functions are regularly reviewed and actioned
- To review performance of supervisors and key colleagues on a regular basis
- Ensure sufficient and detail knowledge of the overall management and retail operation, and that they can act as duty and support cover in the absence of the manager and other colleagues
- High margin products are merchandised as priority
This is a full time role and the successful candidate will be required to work 5/7 days on a rota basis to include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. This is a permanent position (we are also recruiting for a Duty Manager - 1 year Fixed Term Contract)
Membership to the shop, on site discounted café and gym, 2x death in service
Job Type: Full-time