Community Development OfficerAbout us:
Community Shops are part of the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK. We enable some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may otherwise have gone to waste. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
We are seeking a Community Development Officer that can support our vision to build stronger individuals and stronger communities.
About the role:
• Leading the social support programme at Community Shop.
• Work closely with other community organisations to make sure that members get support when and where they need it.
• Work with residents of the local area and Community Shop colleagues to provide customer service and transformational support through the community hub.
• Deliver an innovative service that connects with the residents of the local area and other community stakeholders, offering support and mentoring service to all customers.
• Support and collaborate with all members to
achieve the best results together
• Direct leadership and strong ability to motivate
• Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
• Be proud to make a difference
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Passionate communicator
Location: Community Shop – Lambeth
Salary / Wage: This will be discussed at interview
Benefits: Membership to the Community Shop and free 2 x death in service cover, Perkbox
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, between Monday to Saturday
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com noting the job you are applying for in the subject line.