Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste. Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to plan the efficient utilisation of both manpower and the fleet. This will ensure that all planning activities are achievable, within budget and ensure that efficient vehicle runs are all delivered each week. Development of KPI reporting to aid decision making and analysis of the transport function.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in an Administrative based rol
- Previous experience working in a Transport based planning role
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to liaise comfortably with stakeholders at all levels
- Being comfortable working both alone and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Experience of creating, running and maintaining reports
- Ability to multi task and prioritise key issues
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ensuring that all of the Health & Safety procedures are always followed and encouraging fellow colleagues to do the same
- Active reporting of Health & Safety near misses and encouraging colleagues to do the same
- Assisting colleagues by answering transport queries
- Assist drivers with any operational queries that they have
- To support the Transport team in continually looking for improvements
- Liaise with subcontractors and external clients/customers as well as internal stakeholders and customers
- Continually review the budget and explore ways to maximise efficiencies without increasing costs
- Where appropriate, provide admin support for other members in the team
- To work closely with departments, to help assist them with any issues that they may have, and where applicable, provide advice
- To promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the company
- To ensure any collection requested is completed effectively and efficiently
- Support development of the departmental KPI reporting to ensure tracking of performance is both accurate and fit for purpose.
- Support in ensuring legal and compliance best practices are adhered to at all times
- Work with the driver population to promote a positive culture of change and engagement across the group
Hours- 40 Hours per week, candidates will need to be flexible dependent upon business needs.
Salary- Dependent upon experience
Benefits- All training provided; membership to the Company Shop and free 2x death in service cover.