Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role
Company Shop are looking for a Store Manager to join and lead our team at our Wentworth store.
We are looking for an individual who can lead and inspire a team to the highest standards and the successful candidate will work closely with the wider store management team to lead and manage colleagues across the store.
We are looking for a Store Manager who will strive to deliver a fantastic service to our members, putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
The role will be responsible for driving sales through excellent merchandising and product availability by driving performance of colleagues through effective coaching.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of achieving and delivering agreed KPI’s and targets in a Retail environment and who can identify and drive improvements across the store as necessary.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Retail and will be accountable for store sales and standards which will lead to the delivery of outstanding operational and financial performance.
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience of operating in a similar role
- Excellent commercial awareness and the ability to understand the impact of decisions on performance
- Ability to produce pro-active plans that help support business and team objectives
- Proven leadership experience with drive and enthusiasm to deliver result and the ability to motivate and coach others
- An individual who will be hands on, with the ability to gain credibility and trust
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, according to the overall objectives and strategy for the operation
- Food Safety - Level 2 required, Level 3 is desirable
- Capability to work under pressure and be able to multi task across different priorities
- Experience in colleague management, such as managing absence and conduct issues
- Experience in colleague development, through using performance review processes and people development plans with the ability to recognise and celebrate success
- Fully flexible
- Have an open and honest and positive attitude
- A strong desire to deliver results and be the best
- Ensure that brand integrity is maintained
Role Type: Full Time – the successful candidate will need to be fully flexible to work 5 out of 7 days. This will include working evening, nights and weekends as required
Benefits: Membership to Company Shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension, discounted café and discounted gym