Community Shop Lead MentorAbout Us:
Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
We are seeking a Lead Mentor that can support our vision to
build stronger individuals and stronger communities.
It’s our job to help our members to shop for good food at great prices, but
also gain access to professional and personal development programmes,
to kick start a change in their own lives. It could be yours too.
From inspiring motivation and confidence in our members, to improving
health and economic outcomes for their families, the impact of Community Shop is already being felt way beyond the aisles of the store.
As a Lead Mentor; you will support the Impact Manager by;
- Leading the social support programme at Community Shop
- Work closely with other community organisations to make sure that members get support when and where they need it
- Work with residents of the local area and Community Shop colleagues to provide customer service and transformational support through the community hub.
- Deliver an innovative service that connects with the residents of local area and other community stakeholders, offering support and a mentoring service to all customers
- Support and collaborate with all members to achieve the best results together
- Direct leadership and strong ability to motivate
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Be proud to make a difference
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate communicator
Benefits: Membership to the Community Shop and free 2 x death in service cover, flexible benefits scheme, staff incentives, free flu vaccinations.
Location: Community Shop – Lambeth, West Norwood (SE27 9PA)