People Development Advisor
Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients. Our shops are dynamic and changing and we are looking for an individual with the skills and personality to deliver the opportunities that this business brings.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-starting individual who is passionate about people development to make a real impact. You will design and deliver blended learning solutions that support business needs and the ongoing development of our colleagues.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As the People Development Advisor, you will:
- Design and deliver our new starter induction programme.
- Undertake on the job training with new starters, and refresher training with existing colleagues as and when required.
- Support managers to ensure colleagues are compliant with their essential learning.
- Design and deliver technical and soft skills training programmes/workshops.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to colleagues so they are able to effectively transfer learning into a working place.
- Evaluate and assess the 'return on investment' of people development interventions.
- Review learning content of existing training to create ﬁt for purpose, effective learning solutions that achieve the learning outcomes.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and colleagues on people development interventions to support business needs and personal objectives.
- Work with the People Development Business Partner to maintain and develop people development frameworks i.e. performance management, essential learning, leadership and apprenticeships.
- Support the People Development Business Partner with conducting individual and organisational needs analysis.
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR Team on people development and engagement activities.
- Live and be an ambassador of our values.
- Experienced in the full learning cycle and adult learning principles
- Facilitation and coaching skills
- Able to build and maintain good works relationships
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of working in a complex, changing, fast paced environment
- Instructional design and delivery experience
- CIPD / T.A.P or equivalent and/or qualiﬁed by experience
- Proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach to work
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills and a passion for continuing learning and development.