Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role
Company shop are looking for a Shift Supervisor to join our Operations Management team to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Operations department, including managing allocated colleagues, maximising productivity and adhering to all Company Shop procedures.
The successful candidate will monitor workflow, identifying any developing situation that may impact the service level (SL) and agree corrective action with the appropriate manager.
The role will be responsible for delivering and managing tasks in a timely manner while monitoring operations and resolving any problems as identified. The role will also be responsible for managing performance with colleagues as well as managing absence and supporting colleagues with their return to work.
Driving continuous improvements will be a key part of the role while communicating with the team through regular briefings, to enable the sharing of company information and creating a team environment and value through effective communication, motivation, equality and encouragement
The Shift Supervisor will report to the Shift Managers and will deputise as and when required.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in leading and managing a team in a busy environment
- The ability to motivate staff and deal with issues in a fair and considerate manner
- Experienced in a team-based environment with an emphasis on quality/BRC compliance
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills including a good understanding of operational systems
- IOSH qualification would be an advantage
- Food Hygiene – Level 2, Level 3 is desirable
- Food Safety – Level 2, Level 3 is desirable
- Experience of managing and supervising colleagues
- Good Level of communication, both written & verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think on your feet
- Role model of desirable behaviours and ways of working
- Able to inspire trust and confidence
Location: Head Office, Wentworth
Role Type: Full Time – the successful candidate will need to be fully flexible to work 5 out of 7 days on a rota basis between the hours of 6am and 10pm
Benefits: Membership to Company Shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension, discounted café and discounted gym
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org upon application please quote the Job ID or Job Description.