Community Development ManagerAbout Us
Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the role;
We have an amazing opportunity to be part of the team who lead an award-winning social enterprise that truly changes people’s lives. We are looking for a passionate; results focused Senior Lead Mentor to help deliver the vision which we exist to achieve ‘to build stronger individuals and more confident communities.’
This is an exciting role based in our Community Shop in Lambeth where you would provide day to day leadership of the site and the existing team. You will also play a significant part in contributing to the overall growth of Community Shop through hosting commercial visits, developing relationships within the borough and local government and researching changes in the social enterprise and not for profit scene.
This role would report directly to our Head of Community Shop and the key accountabilities are:
· Take responsibility for the day to day running of our three spaces (Community Store; Hub and Kitchen); including achievement of targets that support delivery of our social impact measures
· Work as an integral part of the wider Community Shop Team to compliment, add to and enhance the development of processes, procedures and growth
· Ensure that all standards and expectations are clearly understood by your teams so that the highest standards of Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Food Safety are adhered to
· Take the lead on safeguarding for your site, ensuring teams fully understand the importance and maintain up to date knowledge to protect themselves and our members
· Ensure effective management of your team, and demonstrate inspirational leadership
· Liaise with points of contact at established partners and develop new partnerships that support our members and communities
· Recruit new members within allocated areas of the community to ensure we are reaching all of the people who need us most
· Develop new ideas to drive the membership strategy and supporting the roll-out of new initiatives in the other Community Shops
· Work with mentors and community leaders to lead groups; coaching and supporting colleagues to ensure our group sessions are the best they can be
· Provide individual mentoring when necessary to our most vulnerable members, supporting them on their journey to be the best version of themselves
· Support the development, and implementation, of strategic initiatives to continue to grow and develop the Community Shop model, in particular our Success Plan
· Host and support visits from third parties to Community Shop, passionately and effectively communicating our model
· Gathering impact data through daily monitoring of activities and supporting actual impact analysis
· Challenge the ‘status quo’ to ensure we are consistently innovating and improving the way we work
· Take an active interest in the external world to inform, shape and improve our strategy
· Lead by example to ensure exceptional customer service is delivered to our members
· Lead by example to shape the culture and deliver change within Community Shop
· Role model the Community Shop behaviours and values What we’ll need you to bring:
· Previous experience of working within social care, developing and implementing initiatives in partnership with communities
· Mentoring qualification
· A passion for delivering excellent community centred initiatives in line with our model
· A caring and professional attitude
· Brilliant communication skills; both written and verbal
· A positive attitude to problem solving
· Ability to work on your own initiative
· Ability to work collaboratively as a helpful, positive member of a team
· Confidence in the use of technology such as Excel and PowerPoint
· An understanding of working in an empowering, self-managing, coaching culture
· Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
· Ability to respond flexibly to emerging and changing circumstances
· It would be great if you also have:-
· Experience of working in a retail setting
· An understanding of food safety
Role Type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Membership to Company Shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension
How to Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com upon application please quote the Job ID or Job Description.