Company Shop is a fast-growing, multi-award-winning business that collaborates with retailers, manufacturers and brands to unlock the potential in surplus stock. Founded over 40 years ago, Company Shop is now the UK’s largest redistributor of surplus products, saving over 45 million units of good food from going to waste each year. It is also the pioneer of Community Shop, its social enterprise that gets surplus food to the people that need it most. Across Company Shop and Community Shop, the group champions a profit with purpose model, delivering fantastic social, environmental and economic value to members, colleagues and clients.
Our shops are dynamic and changing and we are looking for an individual with the skills and personality to deliver the opportunities that this business brings.
The role will plan and execute marketing activities and communications to drive footfall and basket spend in our stores. The role holder will be commercially aware with strong planning, web, digital, copywriting, and analytical skills. You will ensure all commercial opportunities are maximised and contribute to the growth of the business. This includes both in-store and digital marketing, content management and product administration.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable about the targets and performance of local stores, understand which retail marketing levers need to be activated to impact which KPIs and know how to activate them as needed.
- Work cross-functionally to pro-actively assess any performance issues (such as persistently declining traffic) and develop the tactical retail marketing solutions that might be needed to address these.
- Respond quickly and effectively to unique product and client demands; developing creative marketing campaigns to deliver the requirements of the business
- Track all marketing activity, maintaining records of progress
- Identify opportunities for growth through analysis of internal data, external research, and industry trends and propose bold ideas to capitalise on these.
- Manage day-to-day marketing activities to support the Retail network (e.g. production of point of sale materials) and attend project/update meetings.
- Management of the activity plans for national and local campaigns ensuring all activity is recorded and analysed aligned to the strategic and tactical needs of the business.
- Provide regular and meaningful reports on agreed Key Performance Indicators to appropriate stakeholders
- Develop internal and external marketing collateral for various channels, to support agreed campaigns
- Create engaging and exciting copy for marketing collateral owning the sign off process with key management.
- Record & share insights from campaigns in accordance to key measures (Advertising ROI, Footfall, Basket spend, in store promotions & advertised products) supporting on the timely analysis of campaigns.
- Management of Website, CRM & social media accounts (FB, Twitter & Instagram) and direct member marketing recording and sharing key insights with wider stakeholders (H&S Compliance, Operations, Retail and Buying.
- Work closely with trading category specialist to understand product promotion & campaign opportunity & availability for marketing.
- Working with regional retail and in store managers to understand, product availability, execution of promotions, identifying opportunities for improvement of process and communication of campaigns.
- Responsible for briefing and processing of marketing material working hand in hand with the design team.
- Owner of E-tail website administration and supporting supplier relationship development.
- Support in the development & execution of merchandising projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in similar roles
- Appropriate marketing qualifications.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including an ability to build rapport
- Ability to analyse data and use it to provide insightful recommendations
- Strong written & copywriting skills are necessary.
- Ability to use Microsoft Programmes specifically excel
- Work in a busy fast pace environment
- Prioritise workloads
- Ability to work cross functionally
Location: Head Office, Wentworth
Role Type: Full Time
Benefits: Membership to Company Shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension, discounted café and discounted gym.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org upon application please quote the Job ID or Job Description.