Financial Business Analyst – Full Time, 9 months fixed term contract
Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
As the Financial Business Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and improvement of the business reporting systems linked to a specific project. This will include daily weekly and monthly reporting, including granular analysis to support key decision making and grant claims.
This role is project based so you will be responsible for not only the reporting, but the delivery of this.
- Developing and producing financial reports with commentary, including adapting these reports to meet evolving requirements
- Communicate, report, and advise all relevant data to the project team and business as necessary
- Promote financial understanding throughout the organisation
- Support the planning and delivery of the project
- Meet all reporting and claim deadlines
- Identify and drive process improvements around the financial reporting and transaction recording
- Work closely with the wider Finance team to ensure accurate data and reporting
- Develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a Management Accounting and/or Commercial Accounting role
- Experience of working in a retail environment is desirable but not essential
- Strong analytical skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills including Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Hours: Full Time, 9 months fixed term contract
Hours of work are usually Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, totalling 40 hours per week. However, some overtime may be required occasionally to meet the needs of the business.
Company Shop, Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley
Membership to the Staff Shop as well has 2 nominated passes for your friends or family and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Upon application, please quote Job ID 372. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Chris Platts, Financial Controller on 01226 747121 (extension 202). The closing date for this role is Friday 14 June 2019.