IT Business Application ManagerAbout Us
Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Business Application Manager will be responsible for the management and support of the application team, including but not limited to service delivery, proactive support/maintenance and management of the IT application environments.
Managing and maintaining our Microsoft Dynamics NAV09 ERP platform is a core priority, combined with the operational support, maintenance and development of key business applications. The role combines management with in-depth / hands-on technical expertise and project management.
To work closely with the business to identify future systems development, including leading and conducting detailed analysis and defining service improvements.
Management of project development priorities, alongside business as usual responsibilities. This will include working directly with third party vendors to manage external and remote development / support resources, managing their service delivery and deliverables.
- Assessing business requirements to provide support and proactive change services, including the analysis of development or improvement opportunities
- Primary point of ownership for service and support within the department and management of resources / vendors for resolution
- Manage the release process for applications, including change management, end user communication and application testing
- Managing test scripts and identify opportunities for improvements
- Define performance objectives for the team, providing direct coaching to all members
- Manage delivery and SLA’s by defined incident resolutions
- Maintain an effective on call rota for application support
- Conduct necessary business analysis and documentation for service improvements
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or later versions. Both operational and development environments
· Knowledge and experience of retail environment and processes, following a lifecycle
· Experience in a variety of business intelligence and data integration technologies
· Experience in leading and managing IT development teams, resources and strategies
· Strong working experience of IT disciplines, project management, development methodologies, software support, production operations, quality assurance and system management
· Proven ability to lead large scale complex IT projects, including budgeting, resource management and delivery development
· Strong SQL skills for data validation and ETL services
· PRINCE2 / Agile project management methodologies and ITIL / ITSM beneficial
· Ability to work within a small IT department, be flexible and adaptable to varying situations and delivery to deadlines essential
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Hours of work are usually Monday to Friday, totalling 40 hours per week. However, some overtime may be required occasionally to meet the needs of the business.
Company Shop, Head Office, Tankersley, Barnsley
Membership to the Staff Shop as well has 2 nominated passes for your friends or family and free 2 x death in service cover. Other benefits include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Upon application, please quote Job ID 376. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Head Office on 01226 747121. The closing date for this role is Friday 21 June 2019.