Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
The role will be working in a busy warehouse and duties will include:
- Checking Goods into the Warehouse when a delivery is unloaded
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking sorted stock to the appropriate storage space or arranging for the appropriate vehicle to move the stock
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Ensure that products are stored safely and labelled/disclaimed correctly and safely and Supervisor or Manager are advised of any items that are not correct
- Allocations of stock and no work
- Processing the product through various packing lines and processes ensure food safety, brand protection and legality
- The use of machines and equipment required to process the products
- Sorting, checking, weighing, labelling and inkjetting products
- Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and taking to the packing teams across both Chill and Ambient departments.
- Place stock on pallets ensuring it is then correctly wrapped and labelled ready for delivery to the stores
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Ensuring that all areas are kept to a high standard at all times
- Ensure the biometric system (Time and Attendance system) is used correctly at all times
- Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely and efficient manner using the correct document/system
- The use of technology to input data
- Ensure that KPI’s are achieved
Candidates must be/ have:
- Previous experience of working in a Warehouse or Manufacturing environment would be preferred
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver results
- Good communication skills
- The ability to switch tasks at short notice to help with the daily workload
- Computer experience and/or experience of booking stock in on a tablet
Hours: This is a full time role working Tuesday to Friday 13.30pm to 22.00pm and Saturday 10am to 18.30pm total 40 hours
Salary: meets National Living wage requirements and the pay frequency is every 4 weeks.
Benefits: Membership to the shop and 2 family/friends cards plus free 2 x death in service cover. Other beneﬁts include discounted rates at the onsite café, and the onsite gym facilities.