Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste. Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
- Ensuring labels are produced to a high standard, and comply with Food information Regulations, Company’s policies & procedures.
- Maintain an up to date label library and ensure all information is filed and stored correctly in an electronic database.
- Produce labels as required using information from product suppliers and in line with food labelling regulations.
- Good communication skills, allowing you to liaise with other departments, own team and Management.
- Undertake regular checks of produce placed in quarantine and complete any required actions for labelling of produce.
- Prepare and maintain records accurately, completely and timely on all three software platforms currently used at Company shop.
- Keeping records of materials required for the production of labels throughout the business.
- Reporting to the Compliance Manager & ensuring all necessary paperwork is filled in correctly.
- Cleaning and maintaining the office equipment and room.
- Working safely & promoting a safe working environment for colleagues.
- 2 years in a similar labelling or production role.
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of UK and European labelling requirements, product legal label training.
- Computer literate
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
Shifts/Hours.-Saturday & Sunday 8am to 16.30pm total 16 hours per week.
Salary/Wage- Meets National Living Wage requirements, paid on a four weekly basis.
Benefits- Membership to the shop and 2 family/friends cards plus free 2 x death in service cover. Other beneﬁts include access to Perkbox.