Marketing Manager - Acquisition & Insights
Company Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role
Company Shop Group is looking for a Marketing Manager focused on customer acquisition and insights, who will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans to effectively reach and acquire new qualifying customers using various techniques and approaches. The role will be responsible for developing the customer journey from identification and application to first shop and will deliver a programme of customer insight activities to help retain customers and guide marketing campaigns and creatives.
Reporting to the Brand and Communications Director the role will be responsible for facilitating a great customer service experience, managing the Membership Team, which includes the Member Services function. The successful candidate will use market intelligence, customer insight and internal data to introduce and overview the strategic account management of our membership acquisition and insight activities to understand current trends in terms of member attitudes and behaviours and understand store application and card collection numbers and drive activities as appropriate to achieve targets
The role will be based at our Head Office at Wentworth, but national travel will be required which might sometimes be outside of regular office hours.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in marketing, customer recruitment and customer insight/research activities using a variety of methods and techniques
- Up to date knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques
- Ability to promote Company Shop and engage new members
- Generating creative ideas to attract and convert qualifying members into shoppers and to reengage inactive members
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of and being confident to deliver presentations to wide audiences
- Good organisation skills along with attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multi task and prioritise key issues
- Being comfortable both working alone and as part of a team
- Line management experience
Benefits: Membership to Company Shop, 2x death in service cover, company pension
How to Apply:
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org upon application please quote the Job ID or job description.