Project Support Officer Job ID – 326
About UsCompany Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role
Every project is different and therefore your duties will change accordingly. However, for the most part, you will be responsible for monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
As a project support officer at Company Shop Group you will undertake general administrative duties such as rather, your responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the project you are working on. Driving everything forward from planning to implementation, your actions will directly support the project manager to achieve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project.
Key accountabilities Include:
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Project Manager in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs.
- Define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology.
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Maintain risk and issue logs .
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Project Manager.
- Cross functional support within the Estates & Facilities team.
- Attention to detail
- Good report writing skills
- A project management qualification would be advantageous
- Team worker
- Self-starter, able to use own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive, solutions focused approach
- Ability to communicate at all levels and cross functionally
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Experience of use in all aspect of Microsoft office
- Experience of office project is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
Full time – 40 hours per week
Head Office, Tankersley. Travel to other locations will be required