Duty Manager - Job ID 380
About UsCompany Shop Group is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK, enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
Our incredible award-winning story started five decades ago and, today, we employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities.
Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
About the Role
We are looking for a Duty Manager to work at our Wentworth Store to work as a team to ensure the retail operation is efficient and effective whilst adhering to all Company Shop procedures
You will deliver exceptional financial performance through effective and motivational people management, which will assist and enable the company to meet its business objectives
You will report to the Store Manager and deputise for them in their absence
The successful candidate will ensure the efficient and effective operation of all departments and ensure the highest possible standards are met through the store.
The role will be responsible for resolving any colleague issues including absence, conduct and performance and will assist with recruitment need across the store.
Who we are looking for
· Previous experience in a Manager or Supervisor role in a Retail environment
· Good understanding of stock and merchandising
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
· Food Hygiene at Level 2, Level 3 would be desirable
· Create an open and honest environment
· Be flexible to cover the store at all times
· Have a helpful attitude and a real passion to make a difference
· Ability to work as part of a team or to work alone
· Ability and confidence to always do the right thing and be a brand ambassador for the Company Shop Group
The role is full time and the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work 5/7 days on a rota basis between the hours of 6am and 10pm.
Wentworth Store – Barnsley (Just off J36 of the M1)
Company pension, death in service, discounted café and discounted gym