Community Shops are part of the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK. We enable some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value
from surplus stock, which may otherwise have gone to waste. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger
individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.
We are seeking a Chef Mentor at our new store in Liverpool, that can support our vision to build stronger individuals and stronger communities.
About the role:
• Create a warm and welcoming environment that facilitates community sharing, learning and food workshops
• Use food to build communities with the will and skills to succeed
• Support individuals to achieve positive change in their own lives
• Provide a daily, morning and dinner service within the community cafe to all our members
• Must hold current Food Safety and Hygiene to a minimum of level 2 Certificate
• Support and collaborate with all members to achieve the best results together
• Proven experience in a chef role
• Be proud to make a difference
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Passionate communicator
Location: Community Shop – Liverpool
Salary / Wage: Dependent upon skills and experience
Benefits: Membership to the Community Shop and free 2 x death in service cover, Perkbox
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, between Monday to Saturday
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com noting the job you are applying for in the subject line.